Monday, November 1, 2010

Where Can I Turn for Peace



1. Where can I turn for peace?
Where is my solace
When other sources cease to make me whole?
When with a wounded heart, anger, or malice,
I draw myself apart,
Searching my soul?
2. Where, when my aching grows,
Where, when I languish,
Where, in my need to know, where can I run?
Where is the quiet hand to calm my anguish?
Who, who can understand?
He, only One.
3. He answers privately,
Reaches my reaching
In my Gethsemane, Savior and Friend.
Gentle the peace he finds for my beseeching.
Constant he is and kind,
Love without end.

I absolutely love this song. It is a song that is found in the Hymnal for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It is telling us that when all else fails we still have somewhere we can find peace and solace.

Have you ever been going through a hard time? Just struggling with something and you feel completely alone and nobody knows or understands what you are feeling? I know I have and I know that the worst thing in the world is when someone says, "I understand". It's irritating because they don't. Nobody knows how it feels for another person to go through anything. It just magnifies the loneliness that you feel.

I testify to you that there is a person to turn to. I bear witness that there is ONE person that understands perfectly what it's like to go through everything. That one person is Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ felt EVERYTHING. He felt our sorrows, our pains, our weaknesses. He is the ONE person that has shed the same tear that we have. I bear testimony to you that when he knelt in a grove of trees, on the loneliest spring night known to man, that he suffered unimaginable agony and he did it for YOU. Personally. Not a group of faceless people, He did it for you. He saw your face and felt your pain.

I promise you that I know this is true. I can promise you with every ounce of my being that Jesus is The Christ, The Savior of the World, The Son of the Living God. I can bear witness to you that he is waiting to help with any situation. He loves us. He loves YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment