Saturday, December 11, 2010

Merry Christmas


It was the Christmas season once again and with all the hustle and bustle surrounding the popular holiday a local newspaper decided to interview people about what they knew about Christmas and Jesus Christ.

An interviewer selected 3 people from the chaotic shops to ask their thoughts.

The interviewer spoke to each of them individually. He asked the first person, "It's Christmas time again and you are obviously very engrossed in the holiday with the decorations and the shopping. So, since it is Christmas what do you know about Jesus Christ?"

"Well," the shopper thought, "they say Jesus was born in a barn, somehow born of a virgin. I've also heard that he performed some miracles and supposedly died for our sins, however that works. That's what I've heard."

The interviewer smiled at him and showed him out the door and invited in the second and asked him the same question.

This person was a little more emphatic in his beliefs replying, "I KNOW that Jesus Christ lived. I believe in his virgin birth. I believe in the miracles he performed and KNOW that he died for me and paid for my sins."

The interviewer smiled at him and showed him out the door only to bring in the third and final shopper. When they sat down he asked him the same question. This man gazed into the interviewer's eyes and with tears in his own eyes he fell to his knees exclaiming, "Master."

My dear family and friends I hope that I could be the third man. I don't know that I would recognize my Savior if I saw Him, I hope I would. I can tell you that I know that Jesus is the Christ, the promised Messiah. I know that it is because of His miraculous virgin birth that we celebrate the Christmas holiday. I know that He loves us. I know that He knows us. Do we know Him?

I love the lights and decorations and excitement of the holidays as much as anyone (if not more), may I suggest that we reflect for a moment on the humble birth of our Brother and Savior.



No comments:

Post a Comment