Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year Resolutions

Happy New Year!

The New Year is an exciting time of the year. Everyone is making resolutions to do things different and hopefully better. New Year resolutions are always fun. Some people decide they are going to lose weight, others decide that they want a different job, no matter what the goal is it seems like everyone has something.

So...what's yours? What is your resolution going to be? What are you going to have be better. Is it going to be physical? Financial? Locational? How about a resolution that will effect ALL of that? Crazy right? I know you're thinking, "What could he possibly be talking about that could effect all the different aspects of my life?". Well, I will tell you. The answer is...

A Spiritual Resolution.

The Savior Jesus Christ invited all, "Come follow me". I can promise that those who heed this call will gain the blessings we have talked about.

Not quite convinced? Don't think it makes sense? Let me explain. Say you are going to be setting financial goals if a person will follow the example and teachings of Jesus Christ and pay tithing they will be greatly blessed.

Malachi 3:10
Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

So many blessings that we can't even receive it! Can you believe that people say they can't afford tithing. You can't afford not to.

Let's continue to physical blessings. Following the Lord has physical blessings and promises also. For instance, just following and waiting upon the Lord...

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Whereas those who go a bit further and follow the physical guidelines and instruction that the Lord has set forth known as The Word of Wisdom...

Doctrine and Covenants 89:18-21
18And all saints who remember to keep and do these sayings, walking in obedience to the commandments, shall receive health in their navel and marrow to their bones;
 19And shall find wisdom and great treasures of knowledge, even hidden treasures;
 20And shall run and not be weary, and shall walk and not faint.
 21And I, the Lord, give unto them a promise, that the destroying angel shall pass by them, as the children of Israel, and not slay them. Amen.

My friends and family I can go on and on about the blessings that will come in every aspect of our lives if we heed the call, "Come follow me". I add my testimony that Jesus Christ is the one to follow and even though it will not be easy we will be greatly blessed. This is my New Year Resolution, to be a better follower of my Lord and Master.

No comments:

Post a Comment